POE’S TOP 10 Worst Snacks 4 Your Kiddies
As parents we strive to set our children up for success and that starts first and foremost with a healthy lifestyle. Many times families are on the go and think they don’t have time to make healthy snack for their children. The next time you think there isn’t time to make your child a healthy snack, consider the alternatives and just how detrimental to your child’s health they can be. The list below contains items that are high in sugar and fat (trans fat and saturated fat), almost no vitamins and no nutritional value. I wanted to share this list with you, because every parent should know what our kids eat and what is in the foods..
1. Tater Chips – in one 1 oz bag there is 225 calories and 15 grams of fat. If you look at the label there is nothing but fat and carbs. The worst unhealthy snack for your kids.
2. Donuts – let’s take “Crispy cream donuts”, little rings of heaven! one serving 200 calories with 12 grams of fat. It’s dough fried in oil. Give it to your kid for a snack only if you want him/her to have type II diabetes.
3. Cookies – even fat-free cookies are full of sugar and carbs. When we say fat-free we don’t say calorie free. One chocolate chip cookie has 130 calories and 6 grams of fat. Not a good choice for a snack. Forgot to tell you, no one eats one cookie. If kids start eating cookies they’ll eat 3 or 4… I mean like tic tacs. So you can multiply 130 x 4 = 520 calories.
4. Chicken nuggets – especially those Wendy’s “4 piece Kid’s Meal Nuggets” are the worst. 190 calories and 12 grams of fat.
5. Soda or cola or pop – any kind of soda. There is nothing good in soda! Did you know there are 10 teaspoons of sugar in one can of coca cola? Your children should not have more than 6-7 teaspoons of sugar per day, and that includes all the sugar they get from fruits and veggies during breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Did you know that you can clean coins by placing them in a glass with coca cola for 1 hour? Can you imagine what soda does to your kid’s stomach? There is a lot of caffeine in sodas 2, in case you are wondering why your child is so hyper and wont stop doing back flips off the couch…enjoy not ever sleeping!
6. Cupcakes – 1 cupcake has 130 calories 1.6 grams of fat 17 grams of sugar. As you can see there is no nutrition value in cupcakes. It’s mostly carbs and sugar.
7. Candy – nutrition nightmare. There is nothing but sugar and corn syrup and as we know sugar is one of the leading causes of obesity and type II diabetes.
8. Crackers – or “C.H.C.” My favorite are Ritz Crackers with cheddar cheese on top or peanut butter… Nothing but carbs and fat. 80 calories per serving and 4 grams of fat. You can replace it with wheat crackers.
9. Ice cream – 1/2 cup of chocolate ice cream has 143 calories, 7 grams of fat (4g of saturated fat) and 16 grams of sugar. So there is nothing but carbs, fat and sugar.
10. ANYTHING FROM any fast food dispensary…located on street corners worldwide!
Now that you know how many calories and fat are in all these snacks try to avoid them. Your kids deserve better and healthier snacks. They don’t have the choice what to eat…that’s our job!